To strengthen capacity of PDMA, Balochistan to prepare for and respond to natural disasters.
|Duration:||July 19, 2012 - June 30, 2016 (AF)|
Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) Balochistan.
Strategic Objective 1: Build responsive and effectiveness of the State.
GoB through enhanced capacity
The people of Balochistan through greater awareness of disaster management and preparedness
- A Disaster Management Information System has been established at the PDMA Balochistan that is linked to the National Risk Information Platform. The risk information collated in the system will enable informed planning and decision-making.
- Almost 100 personnel from the PDMA and other departments have been trained in mainstreaming disaster risk reduction in policymaking, early warning systems, emergency response, remote sensing and geographic information systems, logistics and warehouse management, office administration, project management and computer skills.
- PDMA operations have been automated by establishing an office management information system.
- PDMA has operationalized response standard operating procedures developed under the project.
- A provincial disaster risk management plan has been finalized.