To strengthen the capacity of the poor to improve their livelihood options through access to social and productive infrastructure using participatory approaches in selected districts of southern KP.
|Duration:||March 24, 2017 - December 31, 2018 (AF)|
D.I.Khan, Lakki Marwat and Tank Districts in KP
Local Government, Elections & Rural Development Department (LGE & RDD)
Strategic Objective 1: Build Responsiveness and Effectiveness of the State
Strategic Objective 2: Enhance employment and livelihood opportunities
The people of selected districts in KP, through improved access to livelihood opportunities and social capital. The project will focus on rehabilitation of communities that hosted the Temporarily Dislocated Persons (TDPs).
US$ 14.7 million
- A total of 602 Community Based Organizations (CBOs) (475 male and 127 female) with membership of 19,526 (15,486 males and 4,040 females) have been established.
- A total of 323 Economic Interest Groups (EIGs) (188 male and 135 female) with membership of 3,253 (2,037 males and 1,216 females) were formed.
- A total of 683 Community Action Plans (CAPs) identifying priority needs, were prepared in three districts. Out of the total, 240 were developed by female CBOs/EIGs.
- A total of 28 Office Bearers of CBOs and EIGs were trained in administration, procurement and finance etc.
- A total of 333 infrastructure schemes were identified through CAPs, of these, 283 have been completed and 49 are in progress.
- A six-month Youth Internship Program (YIP) is underway with 42 interns (32 males and 10 females).
- Sports Gala and Peace Melas were arranged for every district to foster social cohesion and peace.